Friday, September 23, 2011

How would you scientifically approach campaining for emission legislation?

I'm interested in recommendations for an approach to link the cost of health care that relates to air pollution from vehicles and industrial projects and the setting of emission standards and migratory policies specifically in the transportation area to healthier alternatives.





My theory is to cooperate and coordinate between the health, transport and industrial entities to understand what are the causes and the possible long term solutions. Use the environmental agency to set standards and push legislation to migrate buses, taxi's and fleets that the government has a say in to less harmful and more efficient forms somewhat subsidized by the health entities as an investment in reducing health care costs per capital in the future as a return on that investment.





What are your thoughts on the issue? I'm not looking for quick fixes nor do I want to have anything to do with financial gain intentional or otherwise regardless of else does as a side affect.|||Please pardon my cynicism, but I don't think that this initiative would get much support from the traditional health industry.





After all, sick people are their source of business, and you are asking them to contribute funding to DECREASE their clientele?





Ain't gonna happen... at least not in North America.|||I guess you didn't notice, but there are a lot of people already doing what you want to do. Follow their lead.





"Subsidized"....haha, you mean you want me to pay for it, in addition to the taxes I'm already paying and my own bills I pay to support myself. That's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment