Friday, September 16, 2011

How do I get involved in passing legislation for emissions testing in my state?

I live in Alabama currently and there are no state laws on emissions testing. I was born in California and I always remember my mom and dad having had to get their vehicles I/M tested. I've also lived in Alaska, which also requires I/M testing. I realize that the tests can be expensive and sometimes the test centers find something that needs to be "fixed", resulting in a big hole in a person's wallet, but when I can't drive more than a mile without seeing a car with smoke billowing out of the tailpipe (the most recent car I saw like that was a 2004 Cadillac!) I just can't help but wonder why there is no legislation for emissions testing!! It's obviously already a problem environmentally, and if it gets worse it's a lot harder to fix an environmental issue AFTER the fact, rather than taking preventative measures from the get-go. Basically, I need a starting point.|||I totally sympathize with you. I was born and raised in California and though we have many laws to keep our air quality clean and prolong a healthy environment. I don't see why all states try to do the same. This makes no sense.For you to get involved n passing new laws. You need to contact your mayor and local senators by phone or mail. First express your concerns then, inquire how you can get a proposition on your next voting ballot. They will lead you in the right direction...........good luck and good for you!!! ;)|||Please don't.


There are enough stupid useless laws out there. Getting yet another one passed is pointless.





There are already laws in Alabama addressing cars tailpipes smoking...they are the current anti-pollution laws that are in place.





Getting another stupid law to enforce would just be harassing even more people.





It's like having a law forcing people to wear a seatbelt, when the law "careless driving" is already on the books. Just another way for government to harass people and steal money from them...and you shouldn't be promoting these things.|||Just get involved with a political action group, or directly with a political party (most likely Democrat) and lobby legislators to get the law written.... But also hire body guards to protect you from the mobs that just may not like such a dumb idea.... NO ONE likes the lines, inconvenience, corruption, unneeded expenses, increased taxes or a host of other problems that inspections bring for a system with debatable benefits... many states that had those programs rightfully got rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment