Monday, August 29, 2011

What is the official legislation regarding face painting?

I'm a face painter in the UK and, as yet, there is no official legislation with regards to face painting.


I will be (hopefully) coming over to the states either in the summer or around December time and I would like to take my paints with me.


I have 拢2m public liability insurance - providing that would be still valid in the U.S as well as UK would that be enough to cover me or do I need other stuff to do or know about?|||You may need to get a business license. Businesses are regulated by the individual states and localities (counties or cities).





I don't know about how insurance works overseas. You should check with your insurance company.|||I don't think we have any sort of legislation on face painting in the US.|||i don't believe there is any legislation and if there is, it certainly isn't enforced. i would think you are already ahead of the face-painting game because of the insurance which most people wouldn't think about getting. have fun :)|||I would say that, mostly, you just need to make sure that nobody is allergic to any of your paints and that your paints come off quickly and easily -- from the body as well as clothes. As to your insurance being valid, the best thing to do would be to get a letter from your current insurance company. However, kids get their faces painted all the time and I have never heard of anyone needing insurance for that. If I were you, though, I would make sure there was an assistant along. The lines get long and kids are not always patient or disciplined. Personally, I would give them drawings or something to do while they are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment